Real Techniques brushes last month after getting quite a few recommendations from fellow beauty friends and bloggers. I ordered a set from Amazon and picked up 2 individual brushes from Ulta when they were on sale for Buy One Get One 50% off. Overall I spent under $30 for 6 new brushes.
Real Techniques website.
Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever:
- Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
- The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.
- Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
- The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.
- Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.
This brush is similar in shape to my old bronzer brush so I have been using it for bronzer.
I have not used this brush yet. I normally apply my face products with my fingers but I plan on using it for concealer when I do makeup on other people.
Pointed Foundation Brush
I have used this a few times. Like I said above, I use my fingers to apply foundation and concealer normally. This brush applied foundation nicely but I still prefer my fingers. I wear a very LIGHT amount of foundation and I find that when I use a brush I get quite heavy handed. Once again this brush will be great for when I apply foundation on someone else.
I really like this brush and use it quite a bit. It is great for contouring and highlighting. It is one if my favorite out of the set.
Gah.....I love this brush. It is so big and fluffy and soft and just all around awesome. I use this to apply my pressed powder and to soften up my eyebrows. It is a great brush.
This brush has been a disappointment for me. It is quite big and it doesn't give me enough control when applying blush. I have to be very careful when applying blush because I have a decent amount of red undertones on my face and if I apply blush to more than just cheekbones I look nuts. This brush is just too big. I have been using it for applying bronzer and highlight to my neck and chest and it does the job quite well.
Overall I am EXTREMELY happy with these brushes. They are super soft and great quality and are VERY CHEAP especially when you get them on sale at Ulta. They have these brushes on sale quite often so keep your eyes peeled! The only thing I do not love is the handles. I wish they were all the same color and that they weren't so thick. I plan on buying the rest of the brushes such as the stippling brush, the other face brushes and all the eyehadow ones next time Ulta has a sale.
Do you have any Real Techniques brushes? If so what do you think of them?